Thursday, November 22, 2007

BULOKratic Patronage

In a yet another showcase of unprecendented "pakapalan" blues and blatant display of nepotism, i can now conclude, firsthandly, that bureacratic patronage has really incurred our local governments (LGUs).One such case is seemingly a hard one, at least on my part. I've always been proud of our city, to include our officials in the local government and their programs. However, at one point, I convey my disapointment over the injustice they have done to someone close to me, in conivance with whoever in position and in what ends. Personal interests and prejudices triumph over logic and fairness for so many but one dignified case and post recently vacated by the same person Im pointing the accountability on this. Its a trash and trash in scenario as he assumed a post in the City Council. Judge me for my preconceived bias but I simply cant comprehend the persistence of some individuals in the City Council to favor another applicant, an alien I would say for the post when there are many others who rose in their ranks and served the city for quiet sometime. Circumstances further affirmed my doubts on an ongoing operation for whichever hidden agenda they'd like to achieve.And now Im certain of that. With only a slim difference from a previous evaluation, the duly assigned body recommended the 'alien' for the position. But good enough, there are men who stood by this basic principle of fairness and local resource development and question the status quo as regards the selection process. Alongside, the presence of media personality during Council sessions has intimidated the 'patrons' to finish off their preconceived end. Deadlock is now in effect. I am yet to receive developments on this. In reflection however, I am now intuned into the reality of an existing BULOKracy and other shenanigans in government, even in a city that promotes, primarily Character. I dont know what would transpire next, my only consolation so far is knowing that my father is still holding on to his work. Hello, Mayor!
"The only way for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

No comments: