Wednesday, November 21, 2007

inefficiencies,et al sabotahe: a narrative

attention:
there is something wrong in the way the Civil Service Commission [specifically for Region IV-A] works on the release of eligibility certificates. i just cant accept the fact that I would be referred to sta cruz, laguna (about 3 hours away from manila) to get that precious piece of paper when i can get it only a jeepney ride away. the scenario was/is: i filed my application last june at CSC-RegIV-A, Panay Ave, QC; took the exam last july 22 in Calamba City; knew the result from CSC website (in September)..yeheyy pasado ako; supposedly get the certificate last october 30 at QC, only to find out that it was forwarded to Sta Cruz.Huhh!..As per advice by a personnel, I submit to their arrangement (for me to call back to their office and request for their field personnel to bring back my file by the end of the month), after almost 3 weeks, I made a called the Panay office today. Another personnel attended to my request but he insisted-- for me to file for a new copy of the certificate, for certain amount. with agitation,i asserted that in the first place,it wasnt my fault to get the certificate at a later date. after all,there was no rule saying that there's a deadline. secondly, there was no advice where to get the certificate-- i was holding on the assumption that since i filed with the panay office and confirmed my result there, then most likely i would get the certificate there. unfortunately though, this another personnel countered that i am also liable for it since i change residence. well excuse him for that assumption,but actually,im always in laguna on weekends,but im working on weekdays here in QC. besides, as per advisory, certificates will be claimed from CSCRO concerned,which is the panay office. i just followed their advise, and here i am,bearing the brunt of their inefficiencies...ergo,sabotaging my job applications. now, CSC explain.
PS: i didnt take the option of filing for another copy [regardless of any standing SOP] because it spoils the very idea of efficiency in service. i call it (Spoiled Operating Procedure)

No comments: