Thursday, November 22, 2007

By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept: Review

-For years, I had fought against my heart, because I was afraid of sadness, suffering, and abandonment. But now I knew that true love was above all that and that it would be better to die than to fail to love.- Pilar, Na margem do rio Piedra eu sentei e chorei


Paulo Coelho’s By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept (originally, Na margem do rio Piedra eu sentei e chorei: 1994) risens up spirits. He was able to elaborate love in such a unique fashion, capitalizing on its dichotomy; a dog versus cat duel of divine and mundane passion for love. Pilar, in her relative innocence conquered the truest essence of the feeling by portraying an array of emotions. Indeed, this humanistic view towards love, which attempted to cross over the spiritual dimension, allows us to put our own encounters, and justify if not fit the brunt we bear in our hearts. The concept of love here transcends the dragging move of love’s well and end’s well genre, as it culminated in a do or die set up, where the subject must seek one, if not himself.

*all time best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello!
I'm ,a big Paulo Coelho's fan and I don't know if you heard about his blog
http://www.paulocoelhoblog.com
I've started as a fan and now I'm collaborating with him and thought that you would like to enter his universe.
Check the blog.
if you want, or subscribe to his newsletter
http://www.warriorofthelight.com/engl/index.html
You'll see a community of warriors of light sharing ideas, dreams and most importantly following their personal legend.

QUOTE OF THE DAY

The Warrior of Light knows his own faults, but also knows his qualities. (Warrior of the Light)


See u there and have a great day!

Aart